Captain Bruce’s love and commitment to the sport of fly fishing is shown in his accomplishments within the fly fishing industry. Since becoming addicted to fly fishing in his teens, Bruce knew what his career was going to be right out of high school and didn’t waste any time after graduating promptly starting his fly fishing guiding business in the Florida Keys. Bruce has since been a full time Florida Keys fly fishing flats guide gaining 20 years of experience and counting. Specializing in sight fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit Bruce has become one of the most sought after fly fishing guides in all the Florida Keys.
- Other accomplishments
- FFF Master Certified Fly Casting Instructor
- American Fly Fishing Tackle Association Advisory Board Member – AFFTA
- Featured Angler in the full length fly fishing film “RISE” • Fly Fisherman Magazine Salt Water Digital Contributor
- Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures - Director of Fly Fishing School Operations
- Designed and created full line of Bruce Chard Professional Series fly lines with Jim teeny Company
- Top Advisory Staff or Ambassador Member for the following fly fishing companies – Scientific Anglers, Ross, Simms, Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures, Gamakatsu Hooks
- Over 24 custom Chard fly patterns with Riverborn fly company
- Currently has first fly fishing book contract with Stackpole publishing
- Has hosted popular fly fishing schools for bonefish, tarpon, permit and sailfish throughout the Florida Keys, Bahamas and Guatemala for the past 16 years
- Has fly fished in over 9 different countries world wide
- Bruce is a popular paid speaker and casting instructor at fly fishing shows, fly clubs, and fly shops nation wide
Bruce resides in the Lower Florida Keys with his wife Sara and son BJ.